To those standing the watch and patrol around the globe, America supports you. As millions celebrate the birth of our nation two hundred and twenty-nine years ago, they honor and appreciate the service of brave Americans who stand tall for freedom. All who serve embody the best attributes and founding principles of the United States. Since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, you have proudly added to the distinguished legacy of patriotism and professionalism established by those who have served before you. It is a profound honor to serve with you. I ask that you be safe and take care of one another, whether at home or deployed. May God bless you and your families, and the United States of America. - Secretary of the Navy, Honorable Gordon R. England.
2. FREE COUNTY FAIR TICKETS: The Downtown USO is proud to offer military and their families FREE TICKETS to the San Diego County Fair! The Fair runs until July 4th and opens each day at 10 am. Pick up your FREE tickets at the Downtown USO, located at 303 "A" Street, Suite #100, San Diego, CA 92101 (on the corner of 3rd and A Streets Downtown San Diego). Call the USO at (619) 235-6503 for more information or to verify if tickets are still available. Also, don't forget, active duty can attend the fair for FREE if they attend in uniform.
3. USO SPAY DAY - RESERVATIONS ARE FULL! The USO has NO MORE reservations for Spa Day. They plan to hold another event sometime in the near future, but please spread the word that no more reservations can be taken at this time.
4. WEBSITE OF THE WEEK - California Court Self Help at www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp Check out this website for interesting information on the court system, rights of California residents, and self-help in every aspect of the legal field. A great resource for information on adoptions, leases, contracts, lawsuits, and so much more!
5. TRICARE CLINICS MAKE APPOINTMENTS FOR SCHOOL/SPORTS PHYSICALS! The following clinics are now making appointments for school/sports physicals.
- TRICARE Outpatient Clinic, Clairemont Mesa, 8808 Balboa Avenue, (858) 569-6664
- TRICARE Outpatient Clinic, Chula Vista, 644 Naples Street, (619) 585-5555
- Or, call (619) 532-8225 for appointments with: Pediatric Clinic; Adolescent Clinic; Miramar Family Practice Clinic; Primary Care Center, NTC; and Primary Care Group, Coronado.
6. FLEET & FAMILY SUPPORT CENTER CALENDAR (ATTACHED): Visit www.cnrsw.navy.mil/fsc for a full listing of programs, hours, and workshops through the next few months. These services are free and confidential, open to all military, reservists, retirees, and their families. We are standing by to help you!